Thursday, September 11, 2014

pureSOL Activated Charcoal Konjac Sponge Review


I recently got to try out pureSOL's activated charcoal konjac sponge. I'm always on the hunt to try something new, and it's even better if it's a product that helps improve your facial skin. My skin isn't terrible, but It could definitely use a few improvements. I mean who doesn't want brighter looking skin and to improve the texture of it.

So, what exactly is a konjac sponge? Konjac is a moisture rich plant fibre that is native to Asia, Japan, China, and Indonesia. Not only is it used for beauty products, but it's also used as medicine and food. It's nature alkaline helps balance the acidity of the skins impurities and oils. The sponge gently massages the skin by breaking down the dirt and stimulating the blood flow, which helps promote new skin cell growth. The sponge is made of 100% pure vegetable fiber and is processed without coloring or additives, making it good for hypersensitive skin.



I started using the konjac sponge right away. The first thing I noticed while taking it out of the packaging was that it was pretty hard. I soaked it for a few minutes and it was completely squishy. It also had a tiny string attached and came with a small suction hook. It recommends to hang it in a well ventilated area so it can dry. I have a nosey cat that likes to knock things down, so I decided to keep mine in the bathroom by the sink. I've been using the sponge for a couple of weeks now and I haven't noticed any irritation or redness. Which is great because my skin can be terribly sensitive at times. I've noticed that I also don't have as much dry skin around my nose. So, It's definitely helping with some of my skin issues.

This pureSOL konjac sponge is also 100% natural and eco friendly. Brownie points! I love that it's free of parabens, sulfates, and chemicals. It's also biodegradable! You can compost the sponge when it's time to replace it. I also like that it's cruelty free and vegan.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I just found out about konjac sponges! awesome. I love that its biodegradeable. I've been looking for something different than using just a wash cloth. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the hunt to try something new, and it's even better if it's a product that helps improve your facial skin. charcoal for skin

    ReplyDelete