Sunday, May 26, 2013

Getting back in shape!

I've finally decided it's time I work on being a healthy fitter me. After all my daughter is four now. I've tried the gym membership with my fiance and we ended up canceling it after 2 months. He didn't stay motivated so neither did I. I've always been more motivated when someone else is there with me.

For my mothers day gift, my fiance let me get some running shoes! I decided on the Nike In Season TR 2. I'm not sure if these were specifically made for running but they work for me! I've already put 21.6 miles on them. It's not a lot but it is definitely a start for me. I love being able to track the miles on my phone with the Nike Running App. Plus I've already noticed some toned calves and that keeps me motivated to keep going!

As for eating healthy, I'm not very good at it. I am an extremely picky eater and just cannot bring myself to eat oodles of vegetables, fruits, and fish (yuck). I for the life of me cannot eat fish! Maybe it's because I ate too many fish sticks as a kid but I find fish gross. About the only vegetables I will eat is brocoli and carrots and even then I need something on them. Eating healthy is something I'll need to work on. If you guys have any recipes, let me know! I would be willing to try them out!

Let me know if you would like me to update on my progress as well!


4 comments:

  1. Why limit yourself to fish? Do you not like chicken? Baking it in the oven is healthy. As is opting for leaner meats. An try steaming your veggies. With the right seasoning you won't need to add cheese or anything. it's amazing what some well placed salt and pepper will do. ;)
    It's awesome that you are getting out there and doing it though... I literally pulled a muscle walking my dog...the same muscle...twice in one week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like chicken but I have to admit I am a big fan of fried chicken. :P I do steam veggies! I enjoy brocoli, corn, green beans and the occasional carrot.

      Aw thats never fun! I recently took my parents dogs with me and I tired them out LOL.

      Delete
  2. I eat turkey I leave the fishies out of my diet completely. Have you tried the cauliflower mashed "potatoes" recipe? Its really good and honestly its kind of like mashed potatoes. I've never owned a pair of nikes...so how are they working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkey is a good idea! I've never tried cauliflower. I'm afraid of the taste/texture of it. I should try it out at least once though!

      I'm loving my nikes! They have a comfort bed in them which helps keep my feet from getting sore. My only complaint about them is it can be a little pain getting your foot in since it doesn't have a tongue, it's all attached. I don't even have wide feet so, they probably wouldn't work out for those with wider feet. :/ Great shoes though!

      Delete